Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Urban Yoga

Last Saturday marked my debut class at a very cool Pilate's & Yoga studio in downtown Homewood called SoHo-PiYo.

I attended a few classes there beforehand to get a feel for the space, and quite enjoyed being there both as a student and teacher. It's spacious and welcoming, simple and beautiful, great people. A wall of mirrors greets you as you enter the classroom space, with floor-to-ceiling windows looking out to the urban courtyard of SoHo square. They have mats and props on hand for students to use, as well as antibacterial wipes for the mats before replacing them on the shelves.

Practicing in front of mirrors is something I'd never done. I liked being able to check in with my alignment in a glance. My practice generally focuses on how alignment feels rather than how it looks, so it was good to reconcile the two at PiYo.

I look forward to teaching here more...right now, I'm just substituting when able & needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment