Friday, July 6, 2012

A Budding New Practice: Thai Yoga Massage


Since mid-February of this year, after completing Thai Yoga Massage: Level II via the Still Light Centre of Toronto, I've been eager to steep myself in the teachings from my newest instructor, Shai Plonski.  I've been interested in bridging the gap between bodywork and yoga for some time and this training has helped me joyously expand into that space. However, with my wedding to plan and a new home and lifestyle to settle into, I quickly found that I needed to put that yearning on hold a bit. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?

I'm very happy to announce that I now have a dedicated space available to practice this ancient healing skill. At this point, I am practicing on basically healthy people who are willing to suffer through my less-than-always-graceful, but ultimately relaxing Thai sessions. Bodies of all shapes, sizes and flexibilities are welcome. The massage is performed on a traditional Thai Yoga floor mat and both participants are fully clothed. It is helpful for a partner to be able to sit comfortably on the floor, also to be able to get up from and onto the floor. The session lasts a little over 90 minutes and participants are asked to fill out and discuss a health intake form, receive the massage, and offer feedback afterward.

Here's the best part: my Thai office is located in the same building as my massage therapy office. Keeps things simple. I will be able to see practice clients on certain Fridays and will schedule morning and afternoon sessions. Don't know where my office is? Here's a map.

If you live or work in the Birmingham area and would like to help me grow, please let me know!

Om, peace.
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. such a nice post in Health and Fitness section. Yoga and Body Massage is very good things for getting fit and healthy in your life. keep sharing this type of needful information.

    ReplyDelete